8/11/2008

The Personality Test - The Stress Quiz





Stress has always been a major problem among the professional and working personals. Stress can be caused by the environment, or personal problem. And stress has been proved to be the leading cause of major illness.

Even my mother, her right leg was amputated (BKA - Below Knee Amputation) due to the stress. Yes, the gangrene on her right leg was first caused by the Diabetic mellitus; but due to her stress, the dead cells process rapidly increased. And in just two days, her right leg was completely in bluish color - which indicated that the whole cells there were dead and had to be removed to prevent it from spreading to the upper part of the leg.

See, how stress can lead you to major illness? Even stress can also cause you Schizophrenia! Heart disease, high blood pressure, and depression are also some of the harmful effects of stress. Researches have shown that people who are able to cope with stress live happier and healthier than those who fail.

Here is the stress test, try and figure out whether you can cope with stress or not. See your stress level by answering "yes" or "no". Jot down on a piece of paper and later check in the answer section.

Answer "YES" or "NO":
  1. I make time for myself every day.
  2. I have a tendency to take on other people’s responsibilities.
  3. I say “no” without feeling guilty.
  4. I get impatient quickly with delays or changes.
  5. While waiting for the elevator, I press the button more than once.
  6. I am able to relax and unwind easily at the end of the day.
  7. I laugh everyday.
  8. I feel guilty when I just do nothing.
  9. I feel “beaten up” sometimes at the end of the day.
  10. I get disappointed in others often.
  11. I have a hard time falling asleep at night.
  12. I often forget to wear my watch.








0 comments:

Search on this blog

About Me

Ms. Anne Ai ling Mustapha
Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
A 26 years old university-graduated and simple young lady, who lives her daily life and feeds her soul by blogging about information. Comes from a mixed parental background of Thai Chinese from her mother's side, and Malay Java from her father's descendants. The only children of her parents.
View my complete profile